Following the successful launch of the new Integrated Customer Management System, the below information is meant to further empower you, our esteemed customers as you start to use the new
1. Do I get a NEW account number in the upgraded customer management system? Yes, you will have a NEW account number sent to you via SMS. To query your new account
number, send the word STATUS with your existing account number to 95551. E.g. if your existing account is 1234567-01, send Status1234567 (Don’t include the suffi x 01, 02) to 95551.
2. Which customers are associated with changes of the fi rst phase of the roll-out? Customers who fall within Nairobi County, Kajiado County, Machakos County and Makueni
County are in the fi rst phase of the system upgrade.
3. Will I use my NEW account number to make payments? Yes, going forward, your NEW account number will be used to make payments and will be used
to access your details for all other enquires. It is therefore important to have it on easy reach.
4. Did I need to register NEW E-billing details for the NEW account number given? No, we migrated all billing data from the old system, however if you would like to make any
changes, visit our Customer Care Offi ces or send SMS to 95551 for registration.
5. If I need to query my bill through my cell phone, which are the steps to follow? Send a message with your NEW account number to 95551 and feedback on your bill status will
be sent to you.
6. How do I access my bill via the internet? Kenya Power is in the process of finalizing a Self Service Module in the second phase of our roll-out. The module will off er the following services via the Internet and on a Mobile App:
• Bill or Token Query
• Application for Power Supply
• Change of Contract Name
• Reporting of Power Outages
• A listing of Power Interruptions (Planned and Unplanned)
For more information:
Send SMS to 95551
Twitter : @KenyaPower_Care
Facebook : @KenyaPowerLtd
NEW CUSTOMER SERVICES SYSTEM