About Kenya Power
The Institute of Energy Studies and Research (Formerly Kenya Power Training School), Ruaraka – Thika Road,
is Regional Center of Excellence for Capacity Building. The institute invites applications for the following
courses beginning 10th January 2017.
Application Procedures & Admission Conditions
1. Download and fill in this PDF application form.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee of KShs.1,000 at Equity Bank-Westland’s Branch: Account
No.0550297446068, Account Name: KENYA POWER TRAINING SCHOOL.
3. Send the application form together with bank slip, photocopies of your national identity card and academic
The Deputy Director,
Institute of Energy Studies & Research
P. O. Box 10355 - 00100
for next intake by latest 2nd December 2016.
4. Interested candidates are free to visit the Institute-Ruaraka off Thika Road (Next to Utalii College) during
working hours to enquire more about the courses.
5. Ensure you make your own arrangements for accommodation.
6. The institute will endeavor to provide industrial attachments. Where the institute is unable to provide for
attachment, the students will be expected to look for their own.
7. Other charges such as examination fees, Insurance, Medical, Library, Co-Curricular etc. are not part of the
The Directors of the Kenya Power and Lighting Company Limited announce the audited financial results of the Company for the year ended
30th June 2015 as follows:
One integral part of infrastructure development is the transmission infrastructure development, with the other being distribution infrastructure development. The former aims to provide an additional 3,178MVA of transmission substation capacity and 3,325kms of new transmission power. The latter is concerned with improving the quality of supply, reduction of technical losses and expanding the network.