Opening an Electricity Account
Kenya Power encourages customers to open an electricity account in their name for convenience and also to benefit from Kenya Power's full range of personalised services.
To open your own account, you will need the following:
- A copy of your national identity card or passport.
- A copy of your Personal Identification Number (PIN) certificate.
- Corporate customers should provide a copy of their Personal Identification Number (PIN) and Certificate of Incorporation.
- Proof of ownership of property or tenancy.
- A copy of the lease agreement or title deed, or a signed letter of tenancy form your landlord with a copy of his/her identity card.
- If you have previously had an account with Kenya Power , please provide the account number.
Please follow the procedure below when you have fulfilled all the above requirements:
Fill the supply contract form. Return it, together with a route sketch map and the required documents, to the Kenya Power commercial office closest to your premises.
You will be required to pay a deposit, which is determined by your expected consumption and tariff category. Customers who require large amounts of electricity may provide a banker's guarantee in lieu of the account deposit.
You will be assigned an account number. Please refer to it when paying bills, making enquiries or reporting a fault to our emergency offices.
NOTE: All payments should be made at an authorised Kenya Power pay-point and an official receipt obtained for the full amount paid.
We will visit your premises to connect power supply. Kindly facilitate access to your premises to enable us to connect you.