Efficient Power Use
- Construct buildings that maximize on natural daylight to take advantage of sunlight during daytime.
- Turn off all the lights that are not required.
- Design the electricity wiring such that you do not have multiple lights controlled by a single switch.
- Use the more efficient fluorescent tubes (T5) with electronic ballasts. You save up to 40% energy.
- Use the power management features on your computer and monitor. You can save upto 40% of energy consumed by the computer by simply switching off your PC and monitor when not in use.
- Switching off the monitor can save even more than just letting the screen saver run.
- Switch off equipment such as fax, printers, scanners and copiers when not in use.