Welcome to Kenya Power
Kenya Power transmits, distributes and retails electricity throughout Kenya. Kenya Power is a public company and is listed at the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE).
Some of the energy consuming activities within a typical household are lighting, cooking, refrigeration, water heating, laundry, ironing, and air conditioning. The common home also has entertainment equipment such as radio, TV, DVD, and VCR.
- Construct buildings that maximize on natural daylight to take advantage of the same during daytime.
- Turn off all the lights that are not required.
- Design the lighting wiring such that you do not have multiple lights controlled by a single switch.
- Use the more efficient fluorescent tubes (T5) with electronic ballasts. You save upto 40% energy.
- Replace old motors with energy efficient ones instead of re-wiring.
- Maximize on natural sunlight by designing for large windows, strategically placed to light up all areas in the factory.
- Install energy saving lighting in your factory.
Click here to view the latest Press Releases.
Click here to view the latest tender documents.
Click here to view the latest power interruption notices.