NB: Page under update (September 22, 2016).
The Network Management division in Kenya Power is responsible for maintaining the power distribution network in the of the Company in all reagions of the country.
Headed by General Manager Eng. Daniel Tare, the division encompasses;
- Technical Services
- System Operations
- Network Maintenance
- Safety and Health
The developed distribution strategic plan has identified the adoption of Smart Grid as one of the key factors likely to impact positively on the power market and on operations of the company during the planned period.
Current projects on Quality Improvement
- Distribution Automation
- Integrated Grid Modernisation Project (Smart Grid Project)
- Undergrounding of overhead HV, MV + LV network to eliminate 3rd party interference with the lines.
- Distribution Network reinforcement
- Achieve N-1 criteria on primary substations and primary feeders.
- Distribution Network Refurbishment
- Network Loss Reduction initiative
- Mechanisation + MV Live line work
Updated September 22, 2016
According to the Institute of Internal Auditors, the primary role of Internal Auditors anywhere is to ensure -in an environmental resources management setting- that all key business risks are mitigated.
Applying this principle to the Kenya Power Lighting Company practically means that the Internal Audit Division is directly in charge of transforming the Company from a high threats/risks environment to a risk-enabled environment. The general objective here being to exploit opportunities and taking business risks that foster growth.