Applications are hereby invited for the following vacancy with Kenya Power.
Job Ref: HR: KP1/5B.2/1/3/933
a) Are you registered with us in our careers portal? Click here to register.
c) NB: For those who had registered earlier, you can now login to confirm your registration details.
Reporting to the Chief Pilot, the Senior Pilot will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Operating Company helicopter
- Train and qualify in the execution of air-mobile work on transmission lines
- Observing compliance with operating limitations in the helicopter flight manual
- Ensuring helicopter maintenance is carried out in accordance with the maintenance manual to avoid unnecessary grounding of helicopter
- Carrying out appropriate flight tests for timely issuance of certificate of maintenance
- Ensuring compliance with mandatory modifications as required by the manufacturer
- Ensuring helicopter availability for transmission network inspections, system breakdowns and other ground requirements
- Ensuring availability of radio communication at all times between the helicopter, the working tower and ground co-ordinator when on transmission line work
- Ensuring the safety of the helicopter and personnel at all times the helicopter is in operation
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned
The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a six months’ training in long line referencing to quality.
- KCSE Grade C or its equivalent. Possession of additional qualifications will be and added advantage
- Commercial Pilots License (CPL)
- Helicopter License
- Five years’ relevant experience with at least 2000 flight hours
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and team building skills
- IT User skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should submit their applications online through visiting Kenya Power website on http://www.kplc.co.ke Applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 25th July 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer.